Who is Oak Haven UMC?
Oak Haven is a small church that seeks to make a big impact on the life of the community that surrounds us. We have about 90 members with a weekly worship attendance of about 40.
We endeavor to love God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength by emphasizing prayer, worship, and spiritual formation and growth. We endeavor to love our neighbor by being in ministry with homeless families and the poor, supporting community education, modeling the love, life, and teachings of Jesus Christ, and welcoming all people into the community and the congregation.
When we say all people are welcome, we mean ALL people. At Oak Haven you will find:
- first generation immigrants sharing table with the descendants of Founding Fathers and Mothers;
- songs of praise in both Spanish and English;
- women and men (of all kinds) mutually reflecting the image of God;
- professionals and blue collar workers laboring shoulder to shoulder to assist homeless families;
- whispers of prayers from the mouths of children filled with hope and elders full of wisdom;
- Anglos, Hispanics, and African-Americans; straight folks and gay folks; Republicans and Democrats; progressives and conservatives worshiping God side by side.
We are bound together in the body of Christ by our determination to love God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength, to love our neighbor as ourselves, and to proclaim the good news of God’s love in Jesus Christ.